General Goal: Maintain an organization whereby the hierarchy has absolute power and neither
the teachers nor the parents can interfere, thus hiding incompetence, maintaining lucrative
positions, and control over the budget.
Methods/Goals-in order of intensity (Most teachers not aware it is intentional bullying
until level 8.)
- Avoid hiring older experienced teachers who are thinkers./Keep a staff of young revolving
door teachers so roots and opinions won't establish.
- Praise conformity./Staff of Stepford teachers who won't question anything.
- Give perks to a small group of teachers that form first line of defense against other
teachers./Create a barrier clique between administration and teachers by rewarding a few good
soldiers who will serve as positive voice pieces for the administration.
- Overload with work./Create inability to complain about issues - keep too busy.
- Limit assistance with difficult children or purposely load certain teacher with difficult
children./Create inability to complain about issues keep too busy to speak out.
- Limit support with difficult parents and create barrier between teachers and parents./Attack
self-esteem so won't feel empowered and won't trust their own thinking while eliminating parent
allies from forming.
- Place children of high profile parents with teachers who conform./Avoid having parents form
allies with strong teachers.
- Write up false reports./Flex muscles so teacher will know
they are being controlled and will become
- Create files with false and negative reports; create
separate file in case contract requires
teacher is to be informed, and keep documents out of
teacher's view./Build a case against
- Threaten- directly or through rumors or innuendo by
designated staff messengers./Create wall
of fear to silence teacher.
- Threaten others in presence./Set example; increase fear
to point where teacher will report
- Humiliate./Keep divergent thinker as dysfunctional as
possible; weaken self esteem.
- Torment./Affect psychological health so easier to
control and teacher will quit.
- Demonstrate clear demarcations between favored and unfavored staff;lower evaluations of
teachers who befriend administration's target teachers./Encourage teachers to choose party line
so undesirable teachers will quit.
- Let union people know they must support administration./Avoid records that can be used
against administration in case there is tenure hearing.
- Ostracize - divide and conquer./Create system of quislings
to force unwanted teacher out.
- Suggest resigning to avoid termination./Hide bullying pattern from Board, save money on
hearing, frighten teacher into last chance for any reference or future teaching jobs.
- Banish with leave or ordered doctor visit, especially using
testimony for fee
psychiatrist./Use fear of psychological report to encourage
- Terminate and settle with a gag order not to talk against
district./Don't pay teacher so desperate
teacher will give in.
- Promise good reference; destroy reputation so they will never
be in a position to bad mouth
former district./Secretly inform other districts so teacher won't be
hired elsewhere in area or
even same city.
- Politically control tenure hearing; submit altered documents;
arrange for colleagues to
give false testimony for status; call witnesses and directly and indirectly warn them; drive
teacher to despair so she will give up./Good Ol Boy Network protects each other knowing the
system depends on silencing - witness tampering and altered documents won't be noticed.
- Politically control tenure decision. /stall/War of attrition:
hope for natural death.
- Threaten or entice union into selling out teacher./Guaranteed
absolute power so no teacher
will speak out.
- Your guess is as good as mine.